Peter is passionate about teaching people how better to tell their own stories and present themselves. He conducts individual and group sessions in the corporate, media & entertainment world.
M: +44 (0)785 5112337
- Facilitates training programs for small groups of trainee barristers at Lincoln’s Inn to teach communications and presentational performance techniques
- Runs regular drama classes for Crisis (UK’s leading homeless Charity) works with Employment Director of Crisis to develop improved interview techniques
- Regularly runs presentational performance and storytelling techniques for professional actors at the Actors Centre
- Conducts workshops to hone the presentational skills of corporate managers
Recent assignments have included:
- Conducting course of presentational and storytelling skills for company staff at London-based Innovation-Arts
- Devising facilitation training program for Swiss Re – Zurich
- Delivery of course on presentation and communication skills for Dubai based Woodthorpe Wrights Associates (The Middle East Business Coaching Company) for senior exec – BUPA Saudi
- Interview, public speaking and presentational skills enhancement for executive Directors at Barclays Bank plc
- Delivery of customized targeted one-on-one tutorials to address particular identified needs, for example:
- an Oxford University Professor very nervous about conducting his first major public speaking engagement - a TED Talk “Why do we sleep?”
- a board Director in South West England concerned about properly assimilating women directors appointed to the board for the first time
- an executive experiencing difficulties because his quiet persona was at odds with the prevailing corporate culture.
- Work with NHS management to develop improved communication techniques.
Other more interesting but unusual assignments include being invited to deliver 45min speech on “Innovative Thinking” for NOVO Nordisk in Elsinore, Denmark.
For over thirty years Peter has worked as an actor, writer, director, stand-up storyteller, teacher and corporate trainer.
After training at LAMDA (1977-80) he went on to play a variety of contemporary and classical roles for companies including The National Theatre, English Shakespeare Company, The Actors Touring Company and The Bush Theatre. TV and Radio credits include: Eastenders, The Bill, Comedy Nation, The Piglet Files, The BBC Shakespeare Series.
His writing credits include the award nominated Forest People which he co-wrote with Douglas Hodge for BBC TV.
His numerous directing credits include three solo-shows with comedian Miles Jupp and veteran actress Linda Marlowe.
Peter is probably best known for his internationally acclaimed repertoire of one-man shows. Sell-out shows in the UK have included the Cottosloe – Royal National Theatre, Soho Theatre, Royal Exchange Manchester and numerous arts, comedy and drama festivals. In December 2004, a specially commissioned adaptation of A Chile Christmas was broadcast as “The Afternoon Play” by BBC Radio
He has devised and run drama based workshops for companies, small firms, educational institutes and the professions. Subjects range from communication and listening skills, improvisation and body language to Shakespeare, teamwork and anger management. His programmes are tailor-made to fit the specific needs and briefs of clients and delivered in a style that is very “out of your seat”, informative, relevant and fun.
His extensive 20 years’ experience includes devising and facilitating programmes for arts based training companies such as: Birmingham based Purple Monster Training and Lamda Business Performance, (LBP)
Projects have included:
- Devised and facilitated workshops in “Telling your own Story” for Business Sponsors of Soho Theatre
- Designed and instigated a national Customer Services Skills Program for a high street chain restaurateur
- Directing, role-playing and facilitating workshops for MARCONI PLC (UK, USA and Italy)
- Advisor and consultant on Forum Theatre Project on Management Culture and Communication for McDonalds UK Central Region
- Devising and facilitating workshop on Teamwork for Siemens, Danish operations
- Devising and facilitating workshops for trainers – Corporate Training Company – Busy-bility (Dubai)
- Devising and facilitating workshops for top management – DHL and Unilever (Dubai)